The British Caving Association is the national body for underground exploration in the United Kingdom. It represents individuals and groups with a genuine interest in caves, karst and associated phenomena, whether from a strictly sporting viewpoint, a scientific viewpoint, or a combination of both.
Through close liaison with its member organisation, NAMHO it also seeks to represent and support mining history societies and all those with an interest in the man-made underground environment.
Through its democratic structure and Regional Councils it will:
- maintain and seek to improve access to caves and sites of speleological interest.
- seek to achieve a better public understanding of all matters to do with caves & caving
- encourage and support cave conservation in its widest interpretation.
- promote and advise on training, equipment, science and safety.
- promote and administer caver training.
- provide necessary services and information on behalf of cavers in general, and promote an exchange of ideas and information between members.
- organise and/or support meeting and events, including training, conservation, science and education.
“It was a very proud moment when the BCA voted to endorse Cavefestuk. Their support and advice has been invaluable, and we look forward to a positive future working with them.”Neil Maine-Jackson
Categories / Cavefest Updates